Loading slideshow...

Car Hire

Hiring a car abroad through one of the big international chains is usually hassle free. Insurance restrictions generally mean you need to be 26 before you can hire a car abroad. You'll need your full driving licence (including paper counterpart) as well as a passport. The larger firms no longer take a cash deposit - although credit card details are on file - they charge extra in the form of a collision damage waiver which covers any accidental damage to the car or interior. Smaller companies will require a deposit - when returning your vehicle it's worth taking some photographs in case of a later dispute over the deposit.