Loading slideshow...

Car Insurance Abroad

If you're taking your car abroad then you need to make sure your insurance is valid. All European providers must offer a minimum level of insurance (3rd party only) in every other EU country, as well as Norway and Switzerland. However this isn't usually shown on your policy. Most policies allow yo to drive abroad under your usual level of cover, but this is normally restricted to 30/60 consecutive days although this can sometimes be extended for an additional fee.

For countries outside of the EU you can usually buy temporary insurance on the border.

Next: Breakdown Insurance